Friday, February 13, 2015

Happenings

My goodness time is flying by!  I can't believe I haven't posted in 2 weeks.  Well since I announced my desire to RUN it seems like everything has been stacked against me!
I have been up to my eyeballs in "Mommy Duties"!  At my house we have had wisdom teeth out, double ear infections, head colds, stomach bugs, bad head aches, possible lactose intolerance (still investigating that), plus all our regular activities,  add to the mix a traveling husband and as you can guess...
I did not run as much as I wanted to!  Ha!
Hopefully the next two weeks will be better:)
 
In happier news this week..
 
Love is in the air!

 This is one of my favorite family traditions!  I love to read what boys consider "love notes"





A bowl full of candy motivates them to all kinds of poetic declarations!!


And more happy news--my boy is getting ready for his mission!  We started his papers a couple of weeks ago--wisdom teeth out, dentist and doctor appoints done and even a MISSIONARY HAIRCUT!!  Woo hooo!
 

 Pretty soon little brothers followed suit and I have myself some clean cut boys again:)
 
I even got my hair done.  Brad was out of town and wanted to see my new do and obliged since it never looks so smooth when I do it:)
 
Last but not least--Connor gave the best Family Home Evening on the Atonement and what it means to him.  He used the Preach my Gospel book and taught with the Spirit and a lot of heart.  It was awesome and I will never forgot it.
 

 
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day!
We have are attending a couples party on Saturday and celebrating with the boys on Sunday!
I LOVE this holiday!!
xo
 

2 comments:

TinaB said...

your post just made my heart sing! My oldest son just submitted his papers last week and now we're on "mission call watch", should be in the next week or two. It's amazing how much boys grow into men as they prepare to serve the Lord, and you see this change from goofy silly kids to young men ready to go out and preach the gospel. As a mom it brings such joy to see your children gain a testimony of their own and then have that desire to go out and share it with others. Love it!

Jan S said...

I always read your blog via email and when I try to comment it never works. I just saw this post again and wanted to tell you that I love your Valentine tradition- such a fun way for boys who are usually too cool to give compliments a way to say something nice abt a sibling. 😉
I love all the haircuts too! You look great, Melanie!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs